Our 9th Jungle Smash for the month of September is Spot It!
With a possible maximum pool of 32 players, one has to rise to the top and be declared the Spot It! champion.
Mechanics and Rules
Assuming we have the full 32 players…
Game mode – The Well
- Each player will have a pile. The first one to empty their pile will be first and so on and so forth
Phase 1 – Round Robin
- 32 players will be separated into 2 groups (Groups A & B)
- Each group will have 16 players
- Each group will have 4 sub-groups
- Each sub-group will have 4 players each
- A player will have to play 4 matches. Each match, a player will have different unique opponents. This means that during this round-robin phase, you will not face an opponent twice
- Since Spot It! is an elimination game, the first one to be eliminated in a match is considered to be 4th place and the last one to be out will be declared as 1st on that match
- Each win in a match will have a score.
- 1st place – 3 points
- 2nd place – 2 points
- 3rd place – 1 point
- 4th place – 0 points
- After a total of 4 matches, we will tally all of the players scores from each group.
- The top 4 high scorers per group will proceed to phase 2, the playoffs.
- In case of ties, players will be required to play an extra sudden death match.
Phase 2 – Playoffs
- 8 players (4 from group A and 4 from group B)
…in the event where we have less than 32 players, we will adjust the matchups accordingly. Some matchups may have an odd number of participants.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2019 8 PM-12 MN
- We shall accept a maximum of 32 players!
- Registration is free. Dice Kong play fee will still apply
- Register at http://bit.ly/junglesmash9!
- Champion: 1 copy of Dobble (International version of Spot It!)